Monday, May 12, 2008

Let The Needles Begin













Ok, so we settled on a vaccine schedule in The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears. It slows down the number of shots Eli receives at once to minimize the stress to her system. So, on this visit she just received two vaccines and only one involved a needle. The rotavirus vaccine is the liquid in the picture on the top and the DTaP is the needle in the picture on the bottom. Well, you can't see the needle because the nurse was lightning fast.

Actually, a little too fast. She put the band aid on Eli's leg but missed the shot spot. Eli only cried for about 6.78 seconds and then she calmed down in Mom's arms. Then we were able to move the band aid to cover the correct spot.

1 comment:

RYD said...

I find kids really react to their parents. My firstborn used to cry every time because I was tense. Soon I realized I just needed to be honest. With both my kids when it's shot time, I say, "Well, it's going to hurt for a second, like a pinch" (then I give them a quick pinch and they stare at me horrified) and I say, "then it's all over and you get a band-aid and a lollipop." They have not cried in years, and my kids get a flu shot each year without a peep. :)