Ok, Sabina and I were talking about changing the spelling of Eliana's nickname to Elli or Ellie instead of Eli. This is mainly because Eli is most commonly pronounced ee-lie as in Eli Manning.
So, whaddya think? Should we change it to Elli or Ellie? Please post comments to help us out.
Here's what Eliana looks like, to help you out. (Just an excuse to put yet another picture of Eliana on our blog) This was in her blowing bubbles phase.
If you were going to change it, I would go with "Elli". I really like "Eli", but, honestly, I almost made the mistake the first time when I was reading the blog. She is SOOO precious! You two are very very blessed!
I vote for ELLIE... for english pronunciation... y ELI para su pronunciacion en espaƱol... since Eliana will be a bilingual little precious smart lovely girl... she will have two nicknames... so when her aunt gets to meet her she will hear her spanish nick...
7 comments:
I think Ellie has the best chance of being pronounced properly. :)
If you were going to change it, I would go with "Elli". I really like "Eli", but, honestly, I almost made the mistake the first time when I was reading the blog. She is SOOO precious! You two are very very blessed!
ellie
I vote for ELLIE... for english pronunciation... y ELI para su pronunciacion en espaƱol... since Eliana will be a bilingual little precious smart lovely girl... she will have two nicknames... so when her aunt gets to meet her she will hear her spanish nick...
Elli is probably the best! I love Eli, too... but everytime I read the blog, I automatically read in my head "Eli" as in Eli Manning.
She just gets cuter and cuter! I agree that Ellie is the most likely to be pronounced properly.
We kinda like Ellie...
Post a Comment