Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Steve's Job Transition, God Style



I couldn't help but include this picture of Ellie. This is the outfit she wore to Watermarke Church on Sunday. The staff put together a reception for me and Sabina between the services since it was my last day (click here for some history on my transition) and invited the whole church. There were two of the largest cakes I'd ever seen. One of them said, "Don't let the door hit you in the ..". Just kidding. The staff also gave me a very cool desk clock with an engraving that said "With Appreciation Watermarke Church".

Then God showed up in my job transition in a big way. He took a Lead Pastor transition process at Watermarke Church that went 3 months longer than planned and a North Point Ministries hiring process which normally takes a year and a half (just kidding) and brought them together within one day. Literally, Sunday was my last day on staff at Watermarke, and I received a job offer from Buckhead Church Monday evening! Wow!

The position I'll be in is the building engineer for Buckhead Church. Essentially, I'll be responsible for the IT network, phone system, security system, HVAC, electrical, and mechanical systems in the building. They are all computerized so my IT background was what they were looking for in this role. I start on the 23rd!

Saweet! Thank you God for providing!

No comments: